2010 Greater Louisville Cross Country Classic
Presented by: The Greater
College Coaches’ Instructions
1. The Greater Louisville Classic will be utilizing "Chip Timing" as the official time and placing for the college races this year. At the completion of the race athletes will exit chute area and move into "CHIP REMOVAL" area. At this point athletes will remove timing chip from shoe before exiting area. Any lost or misplaced timing chips will be the responsibility of the athletes' school and a $20.00 replacement fee will be charged per chip.
2. IT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE to inform your athletes that they MUST keep moving across the finish timing mat to the back of the chute to the exit. We will have over 300 athletes in each race and it will be imperative for your athletes' to keep moving.
3. Coaches please have runners pin their numbers on front of singlet. Hip numbers should be pinned to the RIGHT Hip and must be visible.
4. Please have runners report to the starting line ten minutes prior to start of race.
5. Mile marks for the men’s 8,000-meter course are blue outlined in white. Mile marks for women’s 5,000-meter course are white outlined in orange.
6. Please be reminded that the Men & Women's GOLD award ceremony will take place at 11:15 am by the finish line area as soon as the final results are complete. The Men & Women's BLUE race award ceremony will take place at approximately 12:30 pm by the finish line area as soon as the final results are complete. The 2010 award ceremonies are a point of emphasis for Greater Louisville Classic this year. We know that in previous years the awards have been delayed and not well planned. Our goal this year is to run a smooth, on-time, well-organized and efficient ceremony.
7. Full results can be picked up after the awards or visit www.alltraxtiming.com.